A second blog from DaaD vzw. A bit different in content.

Thursday 19 February 2015

Emil Schildt


Emil Schildt is autodidact, got his first camera when he was 22 and now teaches at the Vraa Folk High School in Denmark.He doesn't consider himself to be a photographer, but an image maker. The camera is merely the starting point. He keeps to the analogue, and loves the old techniques, but prefers the liquid emulsion.
Emil Schildt;"Liquid emulsion has been my favourite method for years.
 But I have also been using Cyanotype, Photopolymer gravure, Van Dyke’s, and lately I have done a lot of Bromoils. As I have not been able to get good bromoils the “normal” way, I discovered that using my beloved Liquid emulsion, I got exactly what I wished for.
 The “built in” imperfections are perfect for my types of images. But as I have used liquid emulsion for many years, I can apply the emulsion quite nicely should I wish to."
 Emil Schildt was born in 1958 in Denmark.








No comments:

Post a Comment